Tuesday, November 28, 2017

End of the Year Book Tag- 2017

I did the Mid Year Freakout Book Survey so I thought I mind as well do Ariel Bissett's End of the Year Book Tag because I like doing annual things like that. I don't know how well I'll be able to answer some of these questions because I'm a very fly by the seat of my pants reader, but hey, let's try it anyway.


Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
Only one I can think of is Donna Tartt's The Secret History, which I am in the process of reading. I don't really start reading books and then put them down with the intention of getting back to them in a few months- usually, if it's 2 weeks later and I still have no desire to keep reading, I'll just officially declare it a DNF. 


Oh wait! I just thought of one! The Basic Eight! I was annoyed by it so I put it down in, like, September, but I think I just need to give it some more time.


Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
An autumnal book? While I do do seasonal reading to some extent, autumn's also been the I read what I want month. I do kind of have a transition book into winter though- The Revolution of Marina M.


Is there a new release you're still waiting for?
Nope. While there are books that were published in 2017 that I want to get to- The Night Ocean, The Keeper of Lost Things, and Paris in the Present Tense spring to mind- that's about it.

What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
The Revolution of Marina M is my number 1 priority. Other than that book, it would be nice to get to The Night Ocean and Paris in the Present Tense, along with The Keeper of Lost Things- okay, that's four books, but I'd like to finish up the 2017 releases I want to read before 2018 hits. 



Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favourite book of the year?
Don't want to say anything for sure, since I'm still only 100 or so pages into The Secret History, but I think it has serious potential to usurp Marina and take the top spot on my Favorites list- don't want to jinx it, though. Also, The Night Ocean and Paris in the Present Tense seem right up my alley so maybe them too. We'll see!


Have you already started making reading plans for 2018?
I have actually! Well, kinda. I've got my anticipated reads shelf on Goodreads stocked up  with 2018 books. Of those, I'd definitely looking forward to The Maze at Windermere (Jan 9th) and The Heart Is a Burial Ground (Mar 8th) the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment