Tuesday, February 7, 2017

OTP Book Tag

So my goal for the month of February is to post a love-related book tag every Tuesday until Valentine's Day. That's two. And one after, because I have three that are related to love and all that jazz.

If you can't tell, I don't read a ton of books about or even with romance. That being said, I do enjoy the occasion romance in books and I do have my favorite (and least favorite) couples. So to tell you those here is the OTP tag! This tag was created by Kirstin Reads; original video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGNDxjX6z00

1. An unpopular OTP that you ship
I don't really ship any unpopular OTPs. I mean, maybe Mal and Alina from the Grisha trilogy, if I had to chose. Honestly, I really liked all her pairings, and would have been fine if she ended up with any one of them, but we all knew from the very first page that Mal was endgame. The only one who I think had a chance against him was the Darkling (who also I loved for her and since I have a weakness for evil falls for good I might even have preferred him). As much as I love Nikolai, I don't think that was a serious ship. So I'm fine with Alina and Mal being together. Maybe another unpopular ship I have is Nikolai and Nikolai? I just like him being on his own, even though I wonder who's going to be king after he dies. I also get a bit of a gay vibe from him, not sure why.
Honestly, I don't get the hate surrounding this pairing when they're actually pretty cute together, but oh well.
Adorable pic courtesy of vindictev.deviantart.com.

2. An OTP that you didn’t ship at first but do now

I've really warmed up to Sean and Puck from The Scorpio Races. When I first read the book, I didn't think they really had much chemistry together, but now I'm all for them. Seeing all the cute fanart might also have helped...
Like this picture! Even if there's something off about this picture, though I can't put my finger on it (sorry, horseback rider here). I can't find the actual artist, so if this is your picture let me know and I'll credit you.

3. Your most hated NOTP

I don't really hate ships (except Cam and Risa- seriously, reread the first book and tell me Risa belongs with anyone whose name isn't Connor). I don't really like Kellen and Wavy together from All the Ugly and Wonderful Things, but I didn't hate their relationship either. Maybe Penny Landlow and Guy #2 from Hold Me Like a Breath. I really hated them together and though Guy #1 (Garrett?) worked better for her. Still, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
I couldn't find any fanart, so here are the actual book covers. Plus, I recently rediscovered my love for collage making, so no big loss.

4. An OTP that took way too long to get together

Ed Kennedy and Audrey from I Am the Messenger! This couple was seriously driving me crazy throughout the entire book and when they finally got together at the end I was practically cheering. Side note: If you haven't read I Am the Messenger yet you need to right now. It's almost on par with The Book Thief, and it's what solidified Zusak's place as one of my favorite authors.
Also like no fanart for this book, so we get treated to another lovely book cover.

5. Your favourite non-canon OTP

Don't usually ship OTPs that aren't canon, but right now Rowan Damisch and Citra Terranova (from Scythe) aren't canon *yet* and I love the idea of them being together. It's so... Nick the Chocolate Monster and Mary Hightower (the Skinjacker trilogy). Actually, can I say Nick and Mary? They were in love but never actually got together (*sob* Everfound). I never shipped them as much as I shipped Mikey and Allie, but I still loved the idea of them being together.
Words can't describe how much I love this piece by the amazing wondernez.deviantart.com. It captures their relationship perfectly.

6. Your favourite BROTP

(*Tries to think of one that isn't Connor and Hayden since I don't want this tag being entirely about Unwind*). I really loved the friendship in The Lies About Truth. Their friendship is so real and not sugar-coated and utterly fantastic. I want a friendship like theirs- though preferably without the tragedy. I'd also say Ed/Audrey/Marv/Ritchie, but I already used I Am the Messenger and I'm trying to say a different book for each one.
Cover again because apparently I like more or less obscure books? Oh well, at least their friendship is depicted on the cover.

7. An OTP you adored in the books but not as much in the movie or tv adaptation

I don't really watch many adaptations, so for this one I'm just going to say what everyone says and go with Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. But everyone knows the movies suck anyway, so no big loss.
Seriously, it was like they were trying to find actors with the least amount of chemistry possible when casting this movie.

8. A popular OTP that no matter how hard you tried you just can’t ship it

Right now I'm trying super hard to ship Henry Schoonmaker and Diana Holland from The Luxe series (especially since I never liked Will and Elizabeth) but it just isn't working. Weird, too, since I usually get really behind OTPs. Maybe my dislike of (or if not dislike than general apathy towards) Diana is the reason I can't totally get on board with this particular ship. However, I've got two books left in the series so maybe I'll change my mind? Who knows.
Wow, another series with like no fanart (surprisingly) so here's Diana on the cover of Envy.

9. Your favourite LGBT+ OTP

I don't read a lot of LGBT fiction, so I have to go with Jesper Fahey and Wylan Van Eck from the Six of Crows duology. I freaking love them and find them absolutely adorable together. They're my second favorite couple in that series by far.
Impossibly cute picture from Random Tumblr Artist Taratjah. Because what's better than 2 beautiful boys kissing amiright?? Don't mind me, just trying desperately to be cool...

10. Your all time favourite OTP/s

If you didn't know, one of my favorite series of all time is the Unwind series. And that is in no small part due to my absolute love of Connor Lassiter and Risa Ward. They have been through hell and back, and are absolutely perfect together. I think the reason why I got so attached to them as a couple is because Shusterman perfectly balanced the romance. I didn't get sick of them being constantly romantic because most of the books was about what was happening to them and not necessarily in their relationship. God, I miss this series...
Not nearly enough fanart of this perfect couple, so I'm going to put two pieces up. This one is from the first half of the series and is by thecarmibug.deviantart.com.

And this one is from UnDivided and is courtesy of one of my favorite artists niktropolis.deviantart.com. Too cute I couldn't not include it.
So what are your favorite OTPs? Do you hate all my choices? Agree? Let me know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment