Thursday, February 16, 2017

Book Courtship Tag

Happy Tag Tuesday! This is the last of the Valentine's tags, and my personal favorite- the Book Courtship Tag. This came from Hi I Love Books, and without further ado, let's get into it!

Phase 1 - Initial Attraction: A book that you bought because of the cover
I don't really cover buy because it's a waste of money in my humble opinion. Maybe Glitter by Aprilynne Pike? The cover is the best thing about that book after all.
Tell me you would be able to resist this cover

Phase 2 - First Impressions: A book that you got because of the summary 
The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison for this one. Such a cool idea - with great execution, too.
Most of my books could have gone for this, though, since I only really either summary buy or author buy

Phase 3 - Sweet Talk: A book with great writing
 

The Tsar of Love and Techno by Anthony Marra. That book is beautiful.
Second favorite book of the year for a reason

Phase 4 - First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pursue the rest of the series

Don't really read a lot of series(es?), but let's go with Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen for this one. Loved it.
First book is still the best, I think

Phase 5 - Late night phone calls: A book that kept you up all night long

Damage Done by Amanda Panitch. I think. I don't usually stay up late because I'm a bitch to wake up if I don't get plenty of sleep.
One of the best YA thrillers I've ever read

Phase 6 - Always on my mind: A book that you could not stop thinking about

Unwind by Neal Shusterman. So much still reminds me of this book even though it's been awhile since I reread it. Also Scythe by Neal Shusterman, or really any Shusterman novel. They stick in your head.
I love this book. And the rest of the series, as well

Phase 7 - Getting Physical: A book in which you love the way it feels

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. Even though it has those stupid uncut pages, it still feels so comfortable in my hand and has a nice weight.
Gorgeous book, in more ways than one

Phase 8 - Meeting the Parents: A book in which you would recommend to your friends and family

I've recommended Six of Crows (by Leigh Bardugo) to a lot of people because most of the book lovers I know like fantasy, so I like that I can recommend a book to people now.
I would have said this book for the last one, but I'm trying not to be repetitive

Phase 9 - Thinking about the future: A book or series that you know you'll re-read many times in the future


The Book Thief, or really any Markus Zusak book. I love them all, and I will reread them many times.
How can I not say my all time favorite book for this one? It's amazing in every way
What are some of your answers to this tag? Comment down below! Sorry, I'm kind of tired from travelling home in the morning and then writing two reviews for the books I've read while on vacation. And there are three more I have to write, as well as finish my February TBR and do many other things. God, this month is hell, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment